MERSEYSIDE TRANSPORT TRUST
Preserving Merseyside's bus heritage
Click HERE to download our Membership Application/Renewal form in PDF format. This can be used to make a new application for membership, or to renew your existing membership, which expires on 31st December.
The downloaded form contains the following:
a). Membership application - annual membership is currently £15 for UK residents (£25 overseas) and expires on 31st December each year.
b). Gift Aid declaration (optional) - if you pay tax in the UK we may be able to claim back up to 25p from the Government for every £1 you
donate to us, and it won't cost you a penny more.
Click on the link HERE, to save the document to your computer. When you have done this, just print it out (two sides of A4 paper). Then you can fill in the relevant parts and post it to us. (Paper copies will be posted to existing members when membership renewal is due).
Full instructions are printed on the form - so please read them carefully, use a blue or black pen to fill it in and, if you are making a payment, PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH THROUGH THE POST! This form is quite safe to use as no information will be sent over the internet using it.
As a member, you will receive four newsletters each year crammed with exciting news and information about the Trust as well as articles by Trust members about their memories of buses of the past. Most of this will be exclusive material that will not appear on the website.
If you have any enquiries, please contact us (details are on the "Welcome" page of this website).
Gift Aid – How does it help the MTT?
If you pay Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax you can increase the value of your subscriptions and donations by signing a Gift Aid declaration. This will be reclaimed by The Merseyside Transport Trust as a registered charity. If you "Gift Aid" your donations, please note the following:
1. You should notify the Trust of any change of name or address.
2. You may cancel the declaration at any time by notifying the Trust.
3. You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the amount of tax that the Trust reclaims on your subscription
and donation in the tax year (currently up to 25p for every £1 given).
4. If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and/or capital gains tax equal to the amount which the
Trust reclaims, you should cancel your declaration.
5. If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief on your Self Assessment form.
6. If you are unsure whether your subscription and donations qualify for Gift Aid relief, ask the Trust or pick up leaflet ‘IR113 Gift Aid’ from your
local tax office.
By filling in the form you consent to the Merseyside Transport Trust retaining the information supplied and using it to contact you regarding events, news and future membership renewals, subject to the provisions of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.